At the School of Engineering and Economics research is carried out in the field of socio-economic sciences and technical sciences.
Scientific research carried out in recent years by academic teachers in the field of technical sciences have concerned the following areas:
– Assessing the impact of motorway location on spatial development of rural land and identifying ways to eliminate its negative effects,
– Optimization of local corrections in transformational tasks between cartographic systems on the example of 1965 and 2000 systems,
– Method of determining the urgency of the need of land consolidation and exchange,
– Comparative analysis of processing hyperspectral data of diversified resolution,
– Evaluating the functionality of computer programs used in geodetic production.
Current research topics are:
– Exchange of geospatial information,
– Measurement of Orthodox churches in Bieszczady using a laser scanner,
– Investigation of algorithms and methods of developing measurements of steel pipe flanges,
– Investigation of defects in spatial structure of rural areas in the southern and south-eastern Poland,
–Researching deformation of engineering structures of the Dniestr Hydroelectric Plant and the Rivne Nuclear Power Plant using an automated geodetic network ,
– Researching changes in small glaciers of Antarctic islands near the Ukrainian station“Vernadsky”,
– Tectonic research on deformation and seismic activity in Europe.
The scientific and research process is carried out in the form of:
· research projects financed by the Ministry of Science and University Education,
· projects funded by European Union funds,
· research financed by the School out of its own resources.